Chana Masala (White Chickpeas) was not at all my all time favourite, but my Husband’s. I used to cook this for him, when i started learning cooking. My initial trials where referring a lot of culinary learning books, but later i founded my own incredible recipe as described below. This dish taste well with Wheat Chappathi and Bhatoora.
Chickpeas are a nutrient-dense food, providing rich content of protein, dietary fibre, folate, and certain dietary minerals such as iron and phosphorus.
- White Chickpeas 1 Cup (Soaked in water about 12 hours)
- Tomato 2 Nos. (Boil it and Make it as Puree)
- Onion 2 Nos. Coarsely chopped
- Green Chilly 5 Nos.
- Chilly Powder 2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Chicken Masala 2 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1/2 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder, Coriander Leaves, Vegetable Oil and Salt as required
- Pressure cook the chana with two and half cup of water and salt for about 8 Whistles (Cook more if required)
- Crush Onion, Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilly
- Heat up your favourite pan with 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
- Add crushed Ingredients (Onion, Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilly) and sauté till it become transparent
- Add Chilly Powder, Turmeric Powder, Chicken Masala and Garam Masala Powder and sauté well.
- Add chana, sauté for few minutes; Add Tomato Puree, Salt for taste and Stir well.
- Close the Lid and cook for about 5 – 8 Minutes. For Thicker Gravy mash few channa and sauté well.
- Sprinkle Coriander Leaves and Black Pepper Powder as required.
- Enjoy 😛