Chicken Pepper fry or Pepper chicken, also known as Kurumulaku chicken, is a spicy dish that’s native to Indian. The dish gets most of its flavor from the use of crushed black peppercorns, which add heat to the chicken with the help of some other spices. The recipe is fairly easy to make, and can even be done all in one pan so you don’t have to worry about washing too many dishes afterward.
Lets Start Cooking!!!
- Fresh Chicken drumstick 4 Nos. (Skinless)
- Onion 1 Nos. (Finely sliced)
- Tomato 1 Nos. (Small Coarsely chopped)
- Ginger and Garlic 1 Tablespoon (Crushed)
- Shallots 2 Nos. (Crushed)
- Green Chilly 3 Nos. (Crushed)
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder 2 Tablespoon
- Garam Masala 1 Teaspoon
- Crushed Black Pepper 1 Tablespoon
- Coconut Oil, Curry Leaves, Water and salt as required
- French fries for garnishing
- Marinate the chicken drumstick with half of the crushed ingredients (Ginger, Garlic, Shallots and Green Chili),1 Tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder, pinch of turmeric powder and required Salt; Keep this in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- Heat up the Kadai with required coconut oil, Deep fry the sliced onion adding a pinch of salt till the onion become golden brown; Strain it and keep aside
- In the same oil fry the chicken drumsticks till it seal well; Strain and keep aside. (The chicken will be half cooked)
- Heat up another kadai with same oil (filtered oil ignoring the chunks of chicken if any); Add remaining crushed ginger garlic, shallots and green chilly; Saute till the raw smell goes
- Add tomato and sauté till it mashed and combined; add remaining turmeric powder, chilly powder, Garam masala and a pinch of salt or as required; Sauté well on medium flame till the raw smell goes
- Add the half fried chicken drumstick, half of the fried onion and sauté for 5-6 minutes or till the masala coats well on the chicken
- Add adequate water and cover with a lid; cook it for about 10 minutes on low flame till the water absorb and the masalas well coated; in between add curry leaves
- Sprinkle some crushed Pepper and Sauté for a minute
- Garnish with French fries and remaining fried onions
- Serve HOT!!!