Chicken is something my hubby will never get bored of, even if served with chicken everyday he love to eat but not the same dish everyday. So i started trying different kind of recipes, it has been so long I have never cooked chicken roast but I have incorporated chicken roast and Kerala style peratal for my recipe below.
- Chicken 1 Kg (Medium Pieces)
- Cinnamon small piece
- Cardamom 3 Nos.
- Cloves 8 Nos.
- Fennel Seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Chilly Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander Powder 2 Tablespoon
- Crushed Garlic 1 Tablespoon
- Crushed Ginger 1/2 Tablespoon
- Vinegar 1 Teaspoon
- Small Onion/Shallots 1/2 Cup Sliced
- Salt, Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil as required.
- Hot Water 1/2 Cup
- Grind together Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Fennel, Pepper and Turmeric by adding little of water, till it become smooth paste.
- Take a deep bottom pan and Add Garlic, Ginger, Vinegar, Salt and Curry Leaves with the paste. Mix Chicken with this by adding hot water as required.
- Mix well, Cover and cook till the chicken is done.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a Kadai, Add Small Onion and Curry Leaves and sauté till it become golden brown.
- Add the cooked chicken along with the gravy, stir it on low flame till the gravy become dry and chicken pieces are coated with masala.