Dragon chicken is one of the easiest Indo-Chinese chicken dishes to make and after all my hubbies favorite. The vibrant red color of this dish is very appealing, it tastes delicious and can be made effortlessly.
This recipe is inspired from one of the youtube food channel. I am always in search of easy breezy recipe and so this recipe really fits my criteria. It’s easy and delicious. This dry, sweet and slightly spicy (you could alter the spice and sweet level accordingly) dish is just great for any kind of occasion. Dragon chicken could be served as a side dish or as a main dish and goes well with fried rice, roti and Naan.
Ingredients for Chicken Fry
- Boneless Chicken 300 Grams (Julienne Cut)
- Egg White 1 Nos.
- Corn Flour 1/4 Cup
- Soya Sauce 2 Teaspoon
- Crushed Black Pepper 1/2 Teaspoon
- Red Chilly Paste 1 Teaspoon
- Salt as Required
- Vegetable oil as Required to Fry
Ingredients for Sauce
- Red Chilly Flakes 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped Garlic 2 Teaspoon
- Chopped Ginger 1 Teaspoon
- Tomato Ketchup 1/4 Cup
- Chicken Stock 2 Tablespoon
- Tomato Paste 2 Tablespoon
- Red Chilly Paste 1.5 Teaspoon
- Soya Sauce 2 Tablespoon
- Honey 2 Tablespoon
- Vegetable Oil 2 Tablespoon
Ingredients for Garnishing
- Spring Onions and Sesame Seeds as required
- In a bowl add Chicken, Corn Flour, Egg White, Soya Sauce, Crushed Black Pepper, Salt and Red Chilly Paste; Mix well and marinate for 30 Minutes
- Heat up your favorite frying pan with required oil and fry the marinated chicken; Fry until crispy and golden Brown; Keep aside
- Heat up your wok with 2 Tablespoon oil, Add Red Chilly flakes, Garlic and Ginger; Sauté until golden
- Add tomato ketchup, chicken stock, tomato paste, red chilly paste, soya sauce and salt; Cook until sauce thicken
- Add Honey and Fried chicken to this and sauté for 3-4 minutes
- Garnish with Spring Onion and Sesame Seeds. Serve Hot!!!