Kaipola, also known as banana cake or steamed plantain cake, is one of the most authentic Malabar dishes. The dish is a sweet combination of egg and ripe kerala banana. This is a quick and easy recipe; a specialty of Malabar, most specifically in Thalassery Area. The ingredients of Kaipola are very few. Kaipola is highly nutritious, rich in flavor and extremely yummy. Lets start making it..
- Kerala Banana 2 Nos.
- Egg 3 Nos.
- Milk 2 Tablespoons
- Sugar 4 Tablespoons
- Cardamom Powder and Salt a Pinch
- Cashews and Raisins roasted in Ghee 3 Tablespoons
- Ghee 2 Tablespoon
- Peal and Cut Banana in to Small Pieces
- Heat your Favorite Pan with 1 Tablespoon Ghee and fry the Banana pieces till it become golden brown color on low flame; Keep it aside
- Blend Together Egg, Milk, Sugar, Salt and Cardamom Powder just till combined
- Pour this in to a Deep Bowl; add fried banana and combine well with a spatula.
- Heat the Non Stick Pan with 1 Tablespoon of Ghee over very low flame.
- Pour the Mixture to this and top it with fried Cashews and Raisins.
- Cook it covered over low flame about 15-20 minutes (Or till it Done)
- Remove it from flame and let it cool
- Serve Warm!!