Alphonso mango is a seasonal fruit, considered to be among the most superior varieties of the fruit in terms of sweetness, richness and flavours. The variety is named after Afonso de Albuquerque, a Portuguese general and military expert who helped establish Portuguese colonies in India. The Portuguese introduced grafting on mango trees to produce extraordinary varieties like Alphonso. The fruit was then introduced to the Konkan region in Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat and some parts of southern state of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala.
It is also one of the most expensive varieties of mango and is grown mainly in the western part of India including Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri and Raigad districts and in the Konkan region of India. Each mango weighs between 150 and 300 grams.
Here i am going to use Alphonso Mango in this recipe, You can change it to any ripe fruit to make this home made ice cream.
- Alphonso Mango 2 Nos.
- Milk Powder 200 Grams.
- Milk (Full Fat) 1 Cup
- Sugar 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla Essence 2-3 Drops
- Whipping Cream 200ML
- Peel the Mangos and Cube it, and add Milk Powder, Milk, Sugar and Vanilla Essence.
- Put it in a blender and puree it and Keep it aside.
- Take the whipping cream in a Bowl, Using the beater, whip the cream till soft peaks are formed
- Add the Mango Puree, Fold or mix well
- Pour in to container, Close it and freeze about 5-8 hours.
- Scope the Mango Ice cream and serve with Honey or Cakes.