This is a Fusion Recipe come up in my mind, which I tried and come out well in my Kitchen.
Mushrooms contain just as high an antioxidant capacity as carrots, tomatoes, green and red peppers, pumpkins, green beans, and zucchini. They can be added to everyday vegetables to prepare curry, stir fry , fried rice, pulao and even a flavorful biryani. Though I don’t like mushrooms much, I prepare to get the health benefits they provide.
- Rice 2 Cups (Malabar Biriyani Rice or Basmati Rice)
- Water 3 and Three Quarter Cups (Adjust as per the rice brand)
- Mushroom 1 Cup Coarsely chopped
- Potato 2 Medium size, will look nice if you cut it cubes
- Onion 4 Nos (5 if medium) nicely chopped
- Crushed Ginger and Garlic (1 Tablespoon) and Green Chilly 6 Nos. (Add more to make it spicy)
- Cinnamon (1 small piece), Cloves 4 Nos, Cardamom 4 Nos
- Tomato medium size 2 Nos.
- Coriander leaves as required
- Chilly Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder a pinch
- Vegetable Oil 2 table spoon
- Ghee 4 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice 3 Drops
- Salt as required
- Cashews and Raisins as required
Note. If you are using Basmati rice soak it for 20 Minutes and Dry; No need to soak the Malabar Biryani Rice which i used here.
- Splutter the spices (Cinnamon, Cloves and Cardamom) with Ghee in your favourite rice pot.
- Add dried rice in to the pot
- Add water and stir well, Add Salt and Lemon drops
- Cook the rice on medium flame till the rice is done and water is completely dried; Spread the cooked rice in a plate and keep aside
- Take another pan and heat up with the vegetable oil
- Roast the Mushroom in this pan till it become tender and keep aside
- Roast the potato with chilly, turmeric and salt about 5 minutes or half cooked and keep aside
- Roast the Onions till it become transparent and brown; Add crushed Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilly; Sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and Sauté till it become tender
- Mix the mushroom and potato in to this, add Chilly Powder, Turmeric Powder and Garam masala powder; Saute for 5 minutes
- Add 1/4 cup of water; Close the lid, cook well on medium flame till the water is completely dried; Sprinkle the coriander leaves on the cooked Masala
- Apply some ghee to the rice pot, put one layer of masala on top of that spread some rice and coriander leaves; repeat the process until the masala and rice is finished (The top layer should be of rice)
- Garnish with ghee fried cashews, raisins and coriander leaves.