Overnight Oats, A hearty healthy breakfast packed with fiber, Vitamins and nutritions. Discover the delicious oat sensation when you soak your favorite Oats overnight! Milk, yogurt and berries are among the most popular combinations – but don’t let that stop you from creating endless overnight masterpieces of your own. Simply make it the night before and grab it to go in the morning!
The oat (Avena sativa), sometimes called the common oat, is a species of cereal grain grown for its seed, which is known by the same name (usually in the plural, unlike other cereals and pseudocereals). While oats are suitable for human consumption as oatmeal and rolled oats, one of the most common uses is as livestock feed.
A DELICIOUS MORNING STARTS OVERNIGHT – No Cooking required!!!!
- Instant oats 1/2 cup
- Milk 3/4 to 1 cup
- Basil or Chia Seeds 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder a Pinch
- Honey 2 Tablespoon
- Banana (Ripe Robusta) 1 Nos.
- Cut Sugar Prune Fruit 3-4 Nos. (Any Fresh Fruits can be added instead)
- In a Small Glass Jar, Mix Oats, Basil or Chia Seeds, Cinnamon Powder, Honey and the Milk
- Seal the Jar tightly and leave it in the refrigerator overnight
- The next morning, Take out the Jar and Garnish or layer the Oatmeal with Banana and Fruits
- Serve it in the Jar itself
Tips or Improvisations
- Add Milk if you don not like to have a thick Oatmeal
- For best results, let it soak in the fridge for a full 8 hours so they can absorb all the liquid. Of course, a few hours is OK too!
- Use a one-to-one ratio of raw oats and your choice of milk, yogurt, or any other dairy substitutes.
- Achieve maximum texture with Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. Although, we won’t stop you from trying it with Instant or Steel Cut Oats, too!
- Frozen fruit toppings work especially well when soaking overnight – as they “thaw”, the delicious juices are released into the oats!
Tips and Writeup credits : Quaker® Oats Website.