Parippu Pachakkaya Curry is another nutritious delicacy which can be served along with Kerala meal. It is very easy to cook with very little ingredients and a traditional Kerala dish that combines raw banana and dal with spices and ground coconut. This is very popular in Malabar area.
- Toor Dal 1/4 Cup
- Plantain (Pacha Kaya) 1 Nos. (Pealed and Cubed)
- Grated Coconut 3/4 Cup
- Green Chilly 3 Nos. (Slit)
- Cummin Seed 1 Pinch
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Chilly Powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Coconut Oil, Mustard Seeds, Shallots, Dried Red Chilly, Curry Leaves, Salt and Water as required.
- Soak Dal in water for about 45 minutes
- Pressure cook Dal and plantain pieces, by adding Turmeric Powder, Green Chilly Salt and Water. (Two Whistles)
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds and chili powder with a little water
- Add the Mixture to the cooked Dal and stir; Cook for about 5 minutes on low flame (Add Enough Water for required consistency)
- Heat up the pan with Coconut Oil; Splutter Mustard Seeds, Sliced Shallots, Dried red chilly and Curry Leaves.
- Add this to the curry and stir well.
- Serve Hot with Rice & Thoran 😉