Payar Mezhukkupuratti is one of the side dishes that’s commonly served with South Indian lunch. This is a easy to make vegetarian stir fry in which any kind of veggies can be added. It can be either thoran or mezhukkupuratti. Only one kind of veggie is added or a combination of veggies are added. Thoran and mezhukkupuratti belong to the same category with slight variations. Usually, Veggies like carrot, beans, beet root and Plantain can be used for making mezhukkupuratti. However, We like long beans mezhukkupuratti better than any other veggies. So, whenever we buy long beans, I make this stir fry. This goes well as a side dish along with rice or chapati.
Long beans is low in fat and offer an excellent source of protein, fiber, folic acid and complex carbohydrates. So, incorporate long beans in your diet.
- Indian Long Beans (Achinga Payar) 1/2 bunch
- Onion 1 Nos (Thinly Sliced)
- Green Chille Slit 4 Nos.
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Coconut Oil, Musturd Seeds, Curry leaves and Salt as required
- Chop the long beans in to 1 Inch long pieces
- Heat up your favriot kadai with oil and splutter Mustard Seeds and Curry leaves
- Saute it on medium flames till it become transparent
- Add chopped beans, required salt and turmeric and mix well
- Cover and cook on low flame till the beans are half cooked (Stir occasionaly so that the beans wont stick to the bottam of the pan)
- Open the lid and strir fry for 2-3 minutes on high flame
- Serve hot with Rice!!