Pazham Nirachathu Or Stuffed Banana is a very popular Malabar Snack. Pazham Nirachathu is the malayalam word for Stufffed Banana. This is a sweet and simple snack; like all other Malabar snacks this snack can be made with some easily available ingredients,ripe banana,coconut, sugar, raisins and ghee.
Pazham nirachathu is a very tasty and inevitable snack in the Malabar cuisine. It is a very healthy snack for kids. This is a tasty snack with fillings and then fried. In this we do not cut the plantains into many pieces but just a slit and will fill that portion with filling. It is such a simple and easy snack which can be prepared in just a matter of minutes using the ingredients that are always avilable in a kerala kitchen and not only that this is healthy, filling and a nutritious snacks.
It is a best tea time snack which you can easily prepare at your home within 20 minutes.
Try this simple, delicious snack!
- Ripe Kerala Banana 2 Nos.
- Grated Coconut 4 Tablespoon
- Sugar 2 Tablespoon
- Raisins 10 Nos. (Roasted in Ghee)
- Cardamom powder a Pinch
- Salt a Pinch
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) 2 Tablespoon
- Ghee, Vegetable Oil and Water as required
- Heat up your favorite Pan with a teaspoon of Ghee; Add grated Coconut, Roasted Raisins, Cardamom Powder and Sugar, Sauté for couple of minutes or till sugar melts and the coconut become light creamy color; Switch of the fire and let it cool.
- In a Bowl, add all purpose flour, salt and water. Mix well and make a fine thick batter; Keep it aside
- Peel Bananas and make a shallow slit length wise with out cutting the ends (One end to another)
- Widen the Cut and fill coconut mixture in to it, Push the mixture inside as much you can; Cover the slit with thick batter.
- Heat up your wide pan or wok, with a mixture of oil and ghee
- Place the banana in to it, ensure that the slits are downside. Fry till bananas become
- golden brown. With a flat spatula carefully flip the banana and let the other side to become golden brown
- Drain and Serve Warm!!!