Red Velvet cake is chocolate cake with either a red, bright red or red-brown color. It is traditionally prepared as a layer cake topped with cream cheese or cooked roux icing. It is commonly served on Christmas or Valentine’s Day.
Red Velvet is probably a southern-based recipe. After it’s creation, many people adapted their own recipe of Red Velvet. Red Velvet got its name from its red colour. Common ingredients include buttermilk, butter, cocoa, and flour for the cake, beetroot or red food coloring for the color.
I am here, going to try out the eggless version of Red Velvet cupcake, this mini version of the classic red velvet cake is one the more popular offerings in bakeries all across middle east. Bake and Enjoy!!
Ingredients for the Cake
- All purpose flour (Maida) 1 Cup
- Condensed Milk 200 Grams.
- Coco Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Milk Powder 1/2 Tablespoon
- Powdered Sugar 1/2 Tablespoon
- Baking Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Baking Soda 1/2 Teaspoon
- Butter Milk 3/4 Cup
- Unsalted Butter 2 Tablespoon (Softened and cooled)
- Red Food Coloring 2 Tablespoons
- Vanila Essense 1 Teaspoon
Ingredients for the Frosting
- Unsalted Butter 1/4 Cup (Softened and cooled)
- Cream Cheese 200 Grams
- Vanila Essense 1 Teaspoon
- Icing Sugar 1 Cup
Directions for the Cake
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degree.
- Take Bowl and place a sieve over it, Add the dry ingredients (all purpose flour, Milk Powder, Powdered Sugar, Coco Powder, Baking Powder and Baking Soda) and put them though the sieve and keep aside.
- Take another deep bottom wide bowl, add the wet ingredients (Condensed Milk, Butter, Vanilla Essence and Red food coloring) in it and whisk them well
- While Whisking, start adding the dry ingredients mixture and buttermilk together; Whisk well
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and whisk the mixtures again
- Use a scooper and fill the paper cups till 3/4th
- Once the paper cups got filled, immediately put them in to the oven and bring down the temperature to 180 degrees; Bake around 15-20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes check with a skewer in one of the cupcakes, if the skewer comes out clean, the cupcakes are ready (The baking time will be different or varies oven by oven, please adjust the time accordingly)
- Place the Cupcakes on Cooling Rack and allow them to cool down completely
Directions for the Frosting & Icing
- Take a bowl and add butter and whisk it about 30-40 seconds
- Add Cream cheese and Whisk them, While whisking add the icing sugar little by little
- After Whisking add Vanilla Essence, and whisk till ill become fluffy
- The Cream Cheese Frosting is ready for icing.
- Take the piping bag and fill this Cream Cheese Frosting and keep it in the refrigerator until the cupcakes completely cool down.
- Take a Apple corer and make a hole in the center of the cupcake
- Snipe the tip of the piping bag and fill the center of the cupcake with the Cream Cheese Frosting and also swirl around some of the frosting
- Sprinkle some colored sprinkles over the cup cakes
Recipe Inspired from Celebratory Chef Ruchi Bharani