Vegetable fried rice is a dish of cooked rice that has been stir-fried in a wok or a frying pan and, usually, mixed with other ingredients, various vegetables, and sauces, and as such, often served as a complete dish. It is a popular component of East and Southeast Asian cuisines and is sometimes served as the penultimate dish in Chinese banquets, just before dessert. As a homemade dish, fried rice is typically made with leftover ingredients (including vegetables) from other dishes, leading to countless variations, being an economic hodgepodge like it is done with fried noodles or pyttipanna.
Many popular varieties of fried rice have their own specific list of ingredients. In Asia, the more famous varieties include Yangzhou and Fujian fried rice. Elsewhere, most restaurants catering to vegetarian or Muslim clientele have invented their own varieties of fried rice including egg fried rice and the Indonesian spicy nasi goreng (fried rice).
Fried rice is a common staple in American Chinese cuisine, especially in the form sold as fast food. The most common form of American Chinese fried rice consists of some mixture of eggs, scallions, and vegetables, with chopped meat added at the customer’s discretion, and usually flavored with soy sauce instead of table salt (more typical for Chinese-style fried rice). Fried rice made in American Chinese restaurants can vary in appearance, from a dark brown appearance often seen in East Coast establishments, to a light brown appearance often seen in Midwestern American Chinese restaurants. Fried rice is also seen in other American restaurants, even in cuisines with no native tradition of the dish. The dish is also a staple of Chinese restaurants in the United Kingdom (both “sit-in” and “takeaway”), and is very popular in the West African nations of Nigeria, Ghana and Togo, both as restaurant and as street food.
Today we are going to try out the Indo Chineese version of Fried Rice with Vegetables.
Lets Start cooking.
- Basmati Rice 2 Cups (Cooked and Kept in Refrigerator for 2 hours)
- Onion 1 Sliced
- Mixed Fresh Vegetables 1 Cup small cubed or Julienne (Carrot, Cabbage, Mushroom and French Beans)
- Capsicum 2 Tablespoon Cubed
- Spring Onion 3 Tablespoon
- Celery 1 Teaspoon chopped
- Crushed Garlic 1/2 Teaspoon
- White Pepper Powder 1 Teaspoon
- Soya Sauce 1.5 Tablespoon
- Sesame Oil 2-3 Drops
- Sugar a Pinch
- Salt and Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil as required
- Heat up your deep bottomed wok on high flame, Add sliced Onion and Sauté till it become transparent
- Add Garlic and Sauté, Add Vegetables and sauté couple of minutes.
- Add Capsicum, Spring Onion and Celery it to this and Sauté well.
- Add Cooked rice to this (Straight from Refrigerator), Add Soya Sauce, white pepper, Salt and sugar in to it; Stir fry the rice (High Flame) till become well combined and fry
- Add remaining spring onion and Sauté for a minute
- Drizzle Sesame Oil and Mix well; Garnish as desired and serve Hot!!