One of the high rich protein food I ever tasted in my life. Hats off to my grandma for such an awesome delicious dish in my childhood days. This dish is a well combination with all kinds Bread, Rice Puttu and Pathiri/Chappathi.
A vegetable stew is a combination of vegetable food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, onions, beans and green peas. A mix of water and coconut milk can be used as the stew-cooking liquid, seasoning and flavourings may also be added. Stews are typically cooked at a relatively low temperature (simmered, not boiled), allowing flavours to mingle in a deep bottom vessel.
- Potato 1 nos (will look nice if you cut it cubed)
- Carrot 1 nos (cut as like potato)
- Beans 5 Medium length, cut in to 2 CM long
- Green peas ¼ cup, (Sock in hot water for about 30 minutes if it is frozen, lf it is dry peas make it half cooked.)
- Onion 1 nos finely chopped
- Ginger and Garlic 1 Tablespoon, each crushed.
- Green Chillies 4 to 5 Nos
- Black pepper (whole) 5 nos
- Cinnamon 1 small piece
- Cloves 3 nos
- Cardamom 3 nos
- Cashews 6 nos (soak in hot water for 10 minutes, and grind it till paste)
- Coconut milk – Thin 1 Cup, Thick 1 Cup.
- Ghee 1 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves, Coriander leaves, Salt, Black pepper powder and Coconut Oil as required.
- Heat oil in your favourite deep bottom vessel and splutter spices (Whole black pepper, Cinnamon, Cloves and Cardamom)
- Add Onion, Crushed Ginger and Garlic, Green chilies and a pinch of salt;
- Sauté it well till the onion become transparent.
- Add the vegetables (Potato, Carrot, Beans and Green peas) and sauté around 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the thin coconut milk and stir, keep the lid closed and cook.
- Cook till the vegetables are tender (Around 8 – 10 minutes on medium flame)
- Add Thick coconut milk and Cashew paste;
- Add salt as required and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes on medium flame.
- Close the flames and Sprinkle little coriander leaves black pepper powder over the dish.
- Garnish with curry leaves fried in Ghee.