Zinger Tortilla Roll, is Made up on wheat tortilla and Zinger fried chicken. Since the kids love the yummy taste of zinger chicken this will be a favorite for them.
A flour tortilla (/tɔːrˈtiːə/, /-jə/; or wheat tortilla to differentiate it from other uses of the word tortilla, which in Spanish means “small torta”, or “small cake”) is a type of soft, thin flatbread made from finely ground wheat flour from Mexico.
Originally derived from the corn tortilla, a bread of maize which predates the arrival of Europeans to the Americas, the wheat flour tortilla was an innovation by exiled Sephardi Jews who considered corn meal as non-kosher and used wheat brought from Europe, while this region was the colony of New Spain. It is made with an unleavened, water based dough, pressed and cooked like corn tortillas. In Spanish the word “tortilla”, without qualification, has different meanings in different regions. In Spain it is an omelette; in Mexico and Central America it is a corn tortilla; and in many other places a flour tortilla.
Flour tortillas are commonly prepared with meat, mashed potatoes, cheese and other ingredients to make dishes such as tacos, quesadillas and burritos (a dish originating in the Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico / El Paso, Texas area).
Tortillas are also very similar to the unleavened bread popular in Semitic, eastern Mediterranean and southern Asian countries, though thinner and smaller in diameter. In China, there is the laobing (烙餅), a pizza-shaped thick “pancake” that is similar to the tortilla.
Lets start Cooking!!!
Ingredients for Marination
- Chicken Breast 1 Kg. (Julian Cut or Cut in thin stripes)
- Salt 1 Teaspoon
- Kashmiry Chilly Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Crushed Ginger and Garlic 1 Tablespoon
- Vinegar 1 Tablespoon
- Hot Sauce (Green Chilly Sauce) 3 Tablespoon
- Mustard Powder 1 Teaspoon
- Black pepper Powder 1 Teaspoon
Ingredients for Batter
- Milk 1 Glass (Boiled and Warm)
- All purpose Flour 3/4 Cups
- Corn flour 3 Tablespoon
- Hot Sauce (Green Chilly Sauce) 1 Tablespoon
- Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon
- Red chilly Powder 1 Teaspoon
- Salt 1 Teaspoon
Ingredients for Coating
- All purpose flour 1.5 Cups
- Garlic Powder 1 Teaspoon
- Vegetable oil (for frying) as required
Ingredients for Rolls
- Tortilla Breads (Or Paratha) as required
- Onion as required (Finely Sliced in the shape of a Ring)
- Lettuce as required (Finely Sliced)
- Mayonnaise as required
- Sweet Chilly Sauce as required
- French fries
- Combine all the Marination ingredients together and mix well; Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- To make batter sieve all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, red chilly powder, baking powder
- Add hot sauce and milk to this and mix well; Keep it aside
- For Coating Sieve the All purpose flour and Garlic powder; Mix well and keep aside
- Heat up your favorite deep bottom kadai with the Oil required to deep fry
- Now dip the Marinated chicken strips in the batter, roll in the coating
- Place the chicken in the hot oil and fry till golden and floats on top
- Strain the chicken pieces from oil, and place it on a paper towel to remove extra oil
- Spread the Mayonnaise in the Tortilla Bread, Place Lettuce in the middle length wise, Add fried chicken pieces, Then Onion rings, Again Lettuce, Mayonnaise and Sweet Chilly Sauce as layers.
- Roll the Tortilla Bread tightly and place it on the hot grill for 1 to 3 Minutes
- The Yummy Crispy and Spicy Zinger Tortilla Roll is ready to serve.
- Serve Hot with French Fries